DescriptionColumbia University Libraries seeks a collegial, collaborative, and creative Digital Humanities Developer to join our Libraries IT staff. The Digital Humanities Developer will provide technology support for digital humanities-focused projects by evaluating, implementing and managing relevant platforms and applications; the Developer will also analyze, transform and/or convert existing humanities-related data sets for staff, engage in creative prototyping of innovative applications, and provide technology consulting and instructional support for Libraries staff.
This new position, based in the Libraries' Digital Program Division, will work on a variety of projects, collaborating closely with the Digital Humanities Librarian, the Digital Scholarship Coordinator, other Libraries technology groups, librarians in the Humanities & History division and project stakeholders. The position will contribute to building out flexible and sustainable technology platforms for the Libraries' DH programs and will also explore new and innovative DH applications and tools.
- Evaluate, implement and manage web and related software applications and platforms relevant to the digital humanities program
- Analyze, transform and/or convert existing humanities-related data sets for staff, students and faculty as needed
- Engage in creative prototyping and model innovative technology solutions in support of the goals of the Digital Humanities Center
- Provide technology consulting, guidance and instruction to CUL staff a well as students and faculty as required
- Conduct independent exploration of technology issues and opportunities in the Digital Humanities domain
Minimum Qualifications for Grade
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant -Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, with experience in the humanities, a minimum of 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications
Preferred Qualifications Advanced degree in computer science or a related field, or an advanced degree in the humanities or related field; experience in one or more of the following areas: natural language processing, text analysis, data-mining, machine learning, spatial information / mapping, data modeling, information visualization, integrating digital media into web applications; experience with XML/XSLT, GIS, SOLR, linked data technologies; experience with platforms used for digital exhibits or archives.
How to apply
Published: Monday, August 29, 2016 14:50 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC