Browse Developer / Taxonomist
Amazon.com — Seattle
0 other recent jobs
Created: September 6, 2012
DescriptionIE, Dublin • Job ID 174677 • Amazon Data Srvcs Ireland Ltd
We are looking for a Browse Developer / Taxonomist as part of the Catalog Quality team in Munich.
At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a smart and passionate person to join our global team of browse developers. You will help build a world-class, intuitive, and comprehensive navigation structure to optimize product discovery when searching and browsing on our sites. As a browse developer you will have the opportunity to have a direct and significant impact on improving the customer experience and making it easy and fun to shop on our India site.
- Develop browse structures to organize our extensive product selection for our customers in India.
- Expand and refine data retrieval techniques to utilize our extensive product catalog and ensure products end up in the right place for our customers.
- Coordinate cross-functional projects with a broad range of business and technical stakeholders.
- Analyze website metrics and customer behavior data to make intelligent decisions on optimizing our navigation structures.
- Help develop tools and update product data.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences, Knowledge Management, Information Management, or equivalent professional experience.
- Proven skills in data retrieval techniques.
- Experience working with catalog and classification systems and creation of thesauri.
- Excellent English language skills
- Experience of e-commerce in India
- Proficiency in one or more other European languages (e.g. French, Portuguese, or Spanish).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, decisive, self-motivated and calm under pressure.
- Ability to quickly understand complex processes and communicate them in simple language.
- Basic experience working with UNIX or Perl regular expression.
- Someone who is smart, enjoys doing good work, and is genuinely interested in improving the customer experience of our India site.
Published: Thursday, September 6, 2012 09:02 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC