DescriptionWeb Services Specialist
The Oak Park Public Library is looking for a Web Services Specialist for the Library’s web presence and online services. This position will be a part of Digital Services, and will work collaboratively with other library staff including Communications and Materials Services staff and content contributors throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Administering and updating the Drupal CMS
• Designing the information architecture of the website
• Managing multiple web projects
• Collaborating with staff for content creation
• Performing user experience and usability testing
• Tracking usage
• Integrating apps and digital tools into the site as needed
• Performing search engine optimization
• Staying current on linked data and semantic web technologies
• Providing first level support for issues arising from website or web peripherals
• Creating and maintain work and procedure documentation
• Sharing knowledge with staff content contributors and technical support staff
• MLIS or in process of attaining an MLIS or similar degree from an ALA accredited University
• BA or BS in web design and development or relevant experience
• Extensive experience administering a Drupal website
• Understanding of UX principles
• Proven experience with Web coding languages
• Proven ability with and knowledge of web-based technologies, personal computers, and mobile devices across a wide-range of platforms
• Ability to work well both independently and as a collaborative team player
• Curiosity and the willingness to learn and grow
• Ability to write for the web
• Strong track record of project management
• Experience with developing or tweaking third party apps
• Able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
This position is full-time 40 hours per week, with occasional off-hours availability for special projects. Salary range begins at $43,825.60 with excellent benefits. The Library supports ongoing training and professional development.
The Oak Park Public Library is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage diverse candidates to apply.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio of two to three completed web projects to Eric Battaglia, Manager for Digital Services at email@example.com by end of day Monday, August 15th.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC