DescriptionThe Film Archivist works in collaboration with and under the direction of the Lead Film Archivist to execute the receiving, cataloging, preserving, curating, and storing of Lucasfilm media, including film, audio, video, digital, and paperwork. Additionally, the Film Archivist facilitates research of material and intra-company loans for Lucasfilm and Disney employees.
- Heavy cataloguing of media including film, audio, video, digital and paperwork using Filemaker Pro and/or similar databases
- Shelve and organize media for greatest accessibility and security
- Research and fulfill requests originating from Lucasfilm and Disney employees. Loan, track and ensure return of materials to Lucasfilm and Disney employees, in accordance with Lucasfilm / Disney security and anti-piracy protocol
- Loan, track, and ensure return of materials to Lucasfilm and Disney employees
- Physically assist in reorganizing the film collection, including moving, labeling, reboxing, and shelving elements
- Provide ongoing support to the daily operations of the Film Archive.
- Provide stewardship of Lucasfilm’s priceless legacy of assets utilizing preservation and storage best practices
- Masters degree in a related field OR 2-3 years experience working in an archive
- Ability to thrive in remote team environment, and excels at collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to gain insight into the larger organizational goals and strategies
- Proficiency with Filemaker Pro and MS Excel
- Demonstrates ability to properly manage time
- Excellent at working independently on tasks requiring strict attention-to-detail and a high degree of accuracy and sensitivity to confidentiality
- Ability to provide own transportation to and from work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills in administrative environment
- Previous film handling experience
- Familiarity with Lucasfilm Ltd. productions strongly preferred
- Previous rare printed material & paper handling experience
- Experience with museum or archive databases other than FileMaker Pro
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:32 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC