Instructional Design Librarian
Lyndon State College — Lyndonville
0 other recent jobs
Created: July 7, 2016
DescriptionInstructional Design Librarian
Lyndon State College
To develop and administer College instructional technology resources and services to support teaching and learning; to provide appropriate training for faculty and staff in the use of instructional and presentation technologies and software; to provide instructional design support to faculty; to carry out professional library responsibilities; to provide leadership in the planning, coordination, and delivery of the Library's information literacy education and outreach activities.
• Plan, implement, manage, and administer instructional technology resources to support teaching and learning.
• Provide faculty professional development opportunities in effective and innovative applications of technology, including instructional design support for on-campus and distance courses.
• Develop and administer media service operating policies and procedures.
• Act as local system administrator of the College Learning Management System (LMS).
• Collaborate with faculty to develop on-line/hybrid/flipped courses and course content and advise on pedagogical best practices.
• Hire, train and oversee the students for the LMS helpdesk.
• Manage information literacy and instruction for academic research.
• Create digital learning content, including online research guides and video tutorials.
• Create and maintain online research guides including the LibGuides Content Management System (CMS).
• Maintain the library website by updating and creating new content.
• Maintain the library social media accounts.
• Serve on the VSC OPAC and Teaching Learning Technology working groups.
• Master’s in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program or master’s in Educational Technology or Instructional Design, plus 2 to 4 years of experience in a related field.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Knowledge of teaching methodologies and learning theories.
• Knowledge of emerging technologies, standards, and their applications to distance education.
• Expert knowledge in the use of a wide array of technology products, including multimedia and web writing tools, imaging and video software, authoring tools and information retrieval using the internet is essential.
• Ability to deal effectively with and represent the College to a broad range of individuals/groups within and outside of the College.
• Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the needs of faculty and students.
• Understanding of the Moodle learning management system
• Experience designing, developing, and delivering training programs and workshops on teaching methods and technology utilization in the classroom
• Online teaching experience
• Experience in the systematic design of instruction for online blended/hybrid, and flipped courses
• Knowledge of ADA compliance in online and blended/hybrid courses
How to apply
Published: Thursday, July 7, 2016 16:59 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC