Digital Collections Infrastructure Developer
Seton Hall University — South Orange
0 other recent jobs
Created: July 7, 2016
DescriptionApply now Job no: 492539
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs advanced technical and creative work essential to the University Libraries collections, services, and digital initiatives. Develop and implement digital library applications across multiple environments and operating platforms, including: tools for library web content management, digital collection repositories, and collection management. The Developer manages technical projects and assures that deadlines are met and deliverables achieved.
• Contributes to project development paths and learn new skills as emerging projects require them. The Developer configures, supports and manages library systems that facilitate internal library workflows.
• Stays abreast of current and emerging technologies and determines appropriate ways to integrate these technologies into projects involving students and faculty.
• Supervises the work of others, presenting excellent UI designs and workflows to internal and external stakeholders, developing excellent documentation for user guides and system reports. Developing budget recommendations, reviewing expenses against budget, contracting with outside vendors/contractors/consultants.
• Bachelor's degree (Technology or other related field) or related experience; 1-3 years installing & configuring LAMP apps; HMTL/XML, CSS. Work experience requirement may be met with a combination of: education beyond the bachelor's degree, internships, practicums and professional work experience to include at least one year of web development experience including PHP, MySQL, HTML / CSS, Java.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Project management skills.
• Familiarity with institutional repository systems, such as Digital Commons, curation and publishing systems, OMEKA, digital asset management system, CONTENTdm, and collection management software, AT and ArchivesSpace; Experience investigating, implementing, and customizing Open Source software; experience with version control, test-driven development, and continuous integration techniques. Integrated library systems preferred.
• Working knowledge of digital library practices, data curation, and data formats, including XML and Dublin Core; Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with long-term digital preservation tools, standards, and best practices; Experience with data migration. Ruby on Rails, Apache, Solr, Lucene, Java, JSON; client and server side scripting.
• Familiarity with data formats including XSLT, EAD, MARC. Familiarity with UI frameworks such as Bootstrap.
• Experience with system administration. Working knowledge of software version control/code repository systems, preferably Git/Github. Demonstrated desire to learn new scripting languages, techniques, and technology tools. Team leadership. Knowledge of web archiving tools and best practices. Knowledge of semantic web tools and standards.
• Master's degree (Technology or other field).
• Administrative: A180
• General office environment
Published: Thursday, July 7, 2016 17:26 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC