DescriptionThe Digital Production Specialist provides daily support for digitization of archival and academic materials. The incumbent provides technical expertise and support for the digitization of a variety of analog and digital resources by means of scanning, photographic duplication, audio and video conversion. This position provides training and supervision of staff on the technical tasks related to reformatting images, text, video, and audio into digital formats according to technical specifications; carries out and assists with the post-processing tasks including quality control, additional metadata description and ingesting of digitized content into W&M’s digital collections systems. Incumbent develops and maintains digitization workflows, guidelines and other documentation related to digitization and project management. Position serves as lead technician and troubleshooter on digitization software and equipment for W&M Libraries. The Digital Production Specialist reports to the Head of Digital Services and works closely with the Head of Digital Services, Special Collections and other library and campus stakeholders on digital projects and analog to digital conversions.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in photography, digital media, graphics, audio or video field(s).
• Demonstrated experience with software and hardware used in analog and digital reformatting and creating, capturing, editing, and managing digital objects.
• Project management experience to include large and small projects and experience with workflow processes.
• Highly organized with ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience, knowledge, and understanding of digitalization and metadata standards and how to implement them.
• Experience managing people and teaching technical tasks.
• Demonstrated experience in a production oriented environment.
• Experience or knowledge of handling delicate and fragile special collection or archival materials.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC