Instructional Design Librarian
University of Missouri - Kansas City - Miller Nichols Library — Kansas City
0 other recent jobs
Created: July 1, 2016
DescriptionThe Learning & Research Department at Miller Nichols Library at UMKC seeks a creative, curious, motivated individual with a strong commitment to public service to serve as the Instructional Design Librarian. This newly formed position will support face to face and distance learning through the development of instructional materials utilizing emerging technologies that enhance the learning experience of students and faculty. The position will have primary responsibility for:
- Collaborating with instruction and liaison librarians to develop and assess learning modules and instructional materials for online formats in general education and upper level courses.
- Working with Library and University instruction specialists to develop, maintain, and assess effective user interfaces for students and faculty.
- Developing training and support for subject librarians in regards to online pedagogy, instructional technologies, active learning, and instructional design practices.
Miller Nichols Library is the largest library at a mid-sized university in the heart of Kansas City’s vibrant, socially-conscious, and affordable community. The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity and multiculturalism and strives to create a welcoming environment where faculty and staff feel valued for their contribution. The UMKC University Libraries are in the midst of several facility upgrades that will enhance student learning with collaborative learning spaces and technologies. These will allow us to further build upon our innovative general education information literacy program. The Libraries makes a commitment to supporting and developing all library faculty so that they may be successful in meeting university, library, and personal goals.
Master’s degree in Library Science (MLS, MSLS, MLIS, etc.) from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Familiarity in the field of technological innovations impacting the pedagogy and delivery of information literacy concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in the creation of effective and engaging online learning objects.
- Natural curiosity and habitual experimentation with new technologies.
- Ability to set and follow through on individual and team priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work positively and productively with diverse constituencies in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent oral, written, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Potential to meet promotion requirements in non-tenure track appointment.
- Experience, coursework, or a master’s degree from an accredited institution in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or a related field.
- Professional experience in an academic library setting.
- Experience in integrating learning objects into learning management systems.
- Classroom teaching experience, with experience or interest in active learning.
- Knowledge of web and online accessibility standards, principles, and practices.
Application Instructions: Application materials must be submitted online at http://info.umkc.edu/hr/careers/. Applicants must combine all application materials (personal letter of interest with accompanying curriculum vitae, a list of 3 references, and an example of, or link to, a work product that demonstrates skills applicable to instructional design) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
Applications received by July 17, 2016 will receive priority consideration.
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (816) 235-1621, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.
You may address your cover letter to: Mardi Mahaffy, Search Committee Chair. For inquiries about the position, please contact 816-235-1531 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UMKC is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
How to apply
Published: Friday, July 1, 2016 14:57 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC