DescriptionSenior Software Engineer - Hesburgh Libraries of Notre Dame
The Hesburgh Libraries’ Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in support of the library mission to advance scholarship and research at the University of Notre Dame. The incumbent of this position will work with a wide range of open source and proprietary technology in order to build applications for the purposes of user interaction, service delivery, data storage and retrieval, as well as the integration of back end data services. Responsibilities include interaction with a diverse team of analysts, systems specialists, librarians, and other software engineers. The position requires proactive judgment, a high level of accountability and dedication to technical excellence.
- Design, implement, test, deploy and support a wide range of software applications in support of core library objectives.
- Architect and implement robust and dependable infrastructure components, data services, and software integration services.
- Engage with library faculty and staff, university teaching and research faculty, as well as students at all levels in order to ensure that library software and web related services are meeting the needs of the library and the university.
- Supply and update documentation, work with quality assurance and usability professionals
- BA or BS degree in computer science / related field or significant professional experience
- 2-5 years of experience working as a software developer
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with software design, unit testing, implementation and maintenance
- Experience with web based APIs and/or microservices
- Knowledge of systems integration
- Experience using persistence technology such as relational databases, nosql databases, cache systems, or graph databases
- Use of software version control systems such as git
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of programming in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge and experience writing applications in front end frameworks such as React.js or Angular.js
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing techniques such as test driven development or behavior driven development
- Familiarity with API data serialization formats and protocols such as JSON/JSONB, REST, SOAP and XML
- Knowledge and experience with Coffeescript, SASS, jQuery and related technologies
- Knowledge and experience deploying application to cloud services such as Amazon Web Service
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC