Digital Collection / Asset Management Product Manager
Auto-Graphics — Ontario
0 other recent jobs
Created: June 16, 2016
DescriptionProduct Manager – Digital Asset Management/Collections
SaaS company looking for a Digital Collections / Digital Asset Management Product Manager for the library industry. Auto-Graphics is a leading SaaS manufacturer in the Public Library space. The Product Manager will be primarily responsible for product design and management of Auto-Graphics, Inc's MONTAGEdc (digital collection) software. Digital asset management and or digital collection experience is required. Library industry knowledge and experience preferred. You will need experience in the design and management of a software product. You do not need to have software development and writing code experience. This is a true Product Manager position. You must have Product Management experience and Digital Asset Management experience. Salary commensurate with experience. $60,000 to $70,000 range.
Extensive Product Manager experience is a must. Have a basic understanding of the Library Science. MLIS preferred but not required. Need experience working with assigning metadata, digitizing materials, managing a digital collection or other digital library-related work. Experience with managing a digital collection and other digital library-related tasks. Experience working with CONTENTdm or equivalent digital assets management system. Archives management background. RDA experience or training a plus. Experience with Open Archives Initiative (OAI) harvesting.
Position is based in Ontario, California.
1. Understand and have experience in the software product manager process.
2. Knowledge of digital library data and the digital library reference model.
3. An understanding of the software development process and a product manager’s role in the process.
4. The ability to make decisions about direction of the product, what features should be added, tweaked, removed, etc.
5. A deep understanding of the product so you can train the sales team, and customers as needed, on its proper usage.
6. Be able to support the marketing and sales groups in understanding the product and how best to demonstrate and utilize.
7. Understand so as to write white-papers, blog posts, and provide data for marketing the product.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, June 16, 2016 22:23 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC