DescriptionNew York Philharmonic Archives seeks a Digital Archives Manager to oversee the operation of the Leon Levy Digital Archives, a growing repository of millions of pages of archival material made publicly available at http://archives.nyphil.org. This position is based in the Archives and interfaces heavily with the Information Technology department as well as external technology partners.
• Work with internal and external technology partners to maintain and extend functionality of the Alfresco-based Digital Archives platform.
• Oversee, and modify as needed, physical and digital workflows for efficient in-house digitization of paper-based content.
• Supervise project staff, interns, and photographers to effectively implement workflows.
• Liaise with IT and Digital Media departments to integrate current born digital material with the digitized archives that includes audio and video content.
• Evaluate platforms, services, and applications which may be integrated into existing technologies to enhance the functionality of the Digital Archives.
• Work closely with Archives staff to shape additional grant-funded projects and help draft proposals and reports.
• Maintain and foster use of New York Philharmonic Open Data, including regularly-updated performance history data hosted on GitHub.
• Represent the New York Philharmonic at conferences, working groups, and meetings within the digital archives industry.
• Maintain the Archives-related areas on the New York Philharmonic website.
• Manage additional digital projects within the Archives department as needed and assist with IT issues as related to the Archives.
• M.A. in Archival Management or Library Information Science (MLS degree) - digital emphasis required
• 3-5 years management level experience in a non-profit service or government organization preferably dealing with electronic records
• Demonstrated project management (including scope and budget skills) and digital product development skills.
• Strong understanding of databases and working knowledge of a variety of digital content formats and standards (e.g. XML/XSLT, JSON, OAI-PMH, JPEG2000).
• Deep knowledge of a variety of productivity applications, database systems, and graphic editors.
• Technologically savvy with ability to keep abreast of developments within the tech industry.
• Ability to draft and maintain clear documentation and policies for digitization program
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to accomplish goals with limited resources and a vibrant team spirit.
• Keen attention to detail, great organization, flexibility in accommodating rapid change, resourcefulness and ingenuity, the ability to cope well with pressure, and a strong achievement orientation tempered by respect for colleagues
• Previous experience with Alfresco or other Enterprise Content Management system a plus.
• An enthusiasm for classical music and history is highly valued.
Please send resume including salary history/requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate position for which you are applying in the subject line. We regret that we will only be able to respond to applicants being considered for interviews. No phone calls please. EOE.
How to apply
Published: Sunday, June 5, 2016 20:30 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC