Reference and Instruction Librarian (Business)
State University of New York at Geneseo — Geneseo
0 other recent jobs
Created: June 2, 2016
DescriptionSUNY Geneseo’s Milne Library invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track, reference and instruction librarian. This individual will serve as liaison to the School of Business, the Center for Inquiry, Discovery and Development, and other campus programs associated with business, entrepreneurship, service learning, and career services.
We are looking for a team member with a commitment to user services who can thrive in an environment that encourages experimentation and creativity. The ideal candidate will have a commitment to collaborative work and strong outreach skills.
View the complete job description and apply online: https://jobs.geneseo.edu/postings/1151
- In collaboration with library colleagues and department faculty, develop and provide specialized information literacy instruction for the School of Business and other departments as needed.
- Provide research support and outreach to academic departments, student services, and community programs related to entrepreneurship, business, undergraduate research, and applied learning.
- Develop the library’s evolving program for undergraduate library reference interns and work with library staff to develop applied learning opportunities within Milne library.
- Participate in the library’s general instruction program for undergraduates.
- Engage in collection development and information resources management.
- Develop and manage online resources and tools (such as subject guides, tutorials, and assessments) to support information literacy instruction.
- In collaboration with librarians, faculty, and staff, support digital scholarship initiatives.
- Participate in the library’s scholarly communication program with a focus on staying current with scholarly communication developments in business related fields and fostering a dialog with School of Business faculty and students.
- Participate on library teams in support of the library’s mission.
- Master’s degree in information and/or library science from an ALA-accredited school or an ALA-approved foreign equivalent.
- Reference service experience.
- Teaching experience.
- Experience using business resources or databases.
- Experience supervising student employees or interns.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to learn new technologies and their applications to instruction.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, June 2, 2016 15:29 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC