California State University, Fresno — Fresno, California
0 other recent jobs
Created: May 25, 2016
Henry Madden Library
Public Services Librarian
The Henry Madden Library seeks an innovative, flexible, and public service-oriented individual to join our faculty in developing and providing user-focused library services that support teaching, research, and student success. This full-time, tenure-track librarian will serve as liaison to several departments in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) and/or Agriculture. In addition, library faculty are expected to engage in scholarship and in service to the University and the profession. This position will provide an excellent opportunity for professional growth and development.
Primary responsibilities include: collaborating with colleagues in developing and providing a broad range of services and activities to designated departments; teaching information literacy concepts to undergraduates and graduate students; designing and creating outreach and instructional materials; providing in-person and online research assistance in a range of disciplines; participating in collection management; promoting knowledge of scholarly communication and Fresno State's digital repository; and participating in faculty governance, committees, and library initiatives.
An MLS from an ALA accredited library school/institution (or equivalent) is required.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with instruction, information literacy, and student learning outcomes;
2. Documentation of strong public service orientation and proficiency in all modes of reference service and research consultation;
3. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, and;
4. Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with trends in librarianship and scholarly communication.
1. Experience working in an academic library environment;
2. Experience with design and delivery of instruction using traditional classroom methods and current/emerging technologies;
3. Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a complex, changing environment;
4. Subject knowledge or experience in STEM or Agriculture;
5. Experience with outreach programs and services;
6. Experience with grant writing or other development activities, and;
7. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
Review of applications will begin June 6, 2016, and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, complete an on-line application at https://jobs.fresnostate.edu and attach the following materials: 1) a cover letter specifically addressing required experience and preferred qualifications, 2) a curriculum vitae, and 3) a list of three professional references. Finalists will be required to submit 1) three current letters of recommendation and 2) official transcripts. For inquiries contact: David Drexler, Search Committee Chair; California State University, Fresno; Henry Madden Library; 5200 N. Barton Avenue, MS ML/34; Fresno, CA 93740; Phone 559-278-3144; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 04:57 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC