Parkland Regional Library is looking for an Assistant Head of Technical Services and Systems. This is a great position for someone with a strong technological aptitude, who thrives through teamwork and is motivated by a learning environment. If you enjoy solving complex problems and contributing to public and community services, this position could be for you.
The Assistant Head position includes a variety of duties such as working with our ILS (Horizon) and discovery layer (Enterprise). This position also assists with management of the following departments: Acquisitions, Cataloguing, Processing, Shipping/Receiving, Interlibrary Loans, and Systems.
The first major project for this position in 2016 will involve transitioning our cataloguing department to RDA.
• Creative approach to problem solving and aptitude for on-the-spot troubleshooting.
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to create new processes that staff can follow to accomplish work efficiently.
• Cataloguing knowledge and experience, including experience with RDA.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience with other areas of Technical Services such as interlibrary loans or acquisitions.
• ALA-accredited postgraduate degree in library science or equivalent.
• Management experience.
• Prior maintenance of an ILS or discovery layer, especially Horizon or Enterprise.
• Knowledge of SQL.
• Understanding of interlibrary loan software and how it integrates into an ILS. (We use VDX with an NCIP connection to Horizon.)
• Experience providing eResource support to staff or patrons.
Occasional travel will be required and applicants must be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
Parkland Regional Library is a welcoming workplace which values cooperation, innovation, and service. We provide leadership, learning, and support to 49 central Alberta libraries in areas such as library management, human resources, governance, technical services, information technology and resource sharing. As a learning organization, professional development is expected, encouraged and supported. Parkland is headquartered in Lacombe, a vibrant community with easy access to Edmonton, Calgary, and the Rocky Mountains.
This is a permanent, full-time position (35 hrs/wk) starting immediately. Annual salary range is $50,531 - $74,657 with a competitive benefits package.
Please email applications to email@example.com. The competition will remain open until filled. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply
Published: Monday, May 16, 2016 16:03 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC