Coordinator of Library Technology Services
University of Nebraska at Kearney — Kearney
0 other recent jobs
Created: May 30, 2016
DescriptionThe person in this position will oversee Web Services, Integrated Library System (currently III, Sierra), Electronic Resources, Workstation Support, and future Institutional Repository. Calvin T. Ryan Library Staff focus on collaboration in the provision of outstanding academic support. This is a terrific opportunity for the tech-savvy librarian who is excited about using their expertise to enhance and expand support for students and faculty.
Implements, manages, supports, and enhances a wide range of technologies and systems to provide innovative library services and to ensure access to Calvin T. Ryan Library's extensive range of online information resources; supports library faculty and staff and local and remote library users in the use of existing information technology and the adoption of new and emerging technology; uses advanced professional and technical expertise to provide leadership and guidance on information technology issues and is responsible for the management, supervision, operations, planning, security and continuity of the technology resources of the Library; plays a key role in making the Library a campus technology leader.
Supervises two staff members and provides backup when needed. This is a twelve-month, tenure track appointment with assistant or associate professor rank, depending upon experience; reports to the Dean of the Library; is a member of the Library Management Team.
ALA accredited master’s degree in Library Science or foreign equivalent.
At least three years of relevant experience in an academic library, with evidence of broad, in-depth knowledge, skills, and experience with technology.
- Experience in an academic library working with Web Services, including design and development.
- Experience working with an Integrated Library System.
- Evidence of successful supervision and management of full-time library staff.
- Demonstrated experience with Electronic Resources Management and/or Institutional Repositories.
- Evidence of the ability to concurrently manage multiple projects, administer systems, troubleshoot computing problems, plan and manage change in the library’s computing environment and act as liaison with other information technology professionals.
- Knowledge of cataloging principles and experience with metadata standards, such as MARC and RDA.
- Experience with one or more of the following: XML/XSLT, MySQL, Apache, Linux, and a programming language such as PHP.
- Awareness of scholarly communication issues and basic familiarity with copyright issues.
- Evidence of increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with digitizing and editing images, text, video, audio, and other formats and delivering them on the web.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population and to converse in a second language.
How to apply
Published: Monday, May 30, 2016 11:54 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC