DescriptionAmazing opportunity to join our friendly and creative team in the Media and Technology Office of the Smithsonian American Art Musuem and the Renwick Gallery, home to one of the largest and most inclusive collections of American art in the world.
You'll be working closely with Smithsonian subject experts to develop open-source digital applications and web sites to help users explore and enjoy our museums through interactive experiences on the web, mobile devices, and in the museum’s galleries. Excellent health and retirement benefits, generous leave policies, a flexible work schedule, and a supportive management environment await! Apply by May 12, 2016.
Who you are…
You believe in the Smithsonian’s mission, the “increase and diffusion of knowledge.” You want to work collaboratively to solve interesting problems. You’re looking for a healthy balance between life and work, and an organizational culture that values learning, creativity, and serving the greater good. You want to help America’s great museums innovate and reach their potential in the digital age. And, you can accept a bit of Federal bureaucracy without losing your sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related degree and at least 3+ years of recent work experience
- Very strong WordPress/CMS experience; working experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven track record or portfolio of professional accomplishments using the above technologies
- High attention to detail and excellent time management
- Excellent analytical or critical thinking skills
- A passion for providing users with a great experience!
- Work with the team to implement a new, CMS-driven website to replace AmericanArt.si.edu, with a focus on enhancing findability, usability, and accessibility while delivering a great user experience across a variety of screen sizes.
- Manage our current set of WordPress sites, inside and out, and share your CMS expertise with junior team members and content contributors.
- Strategize, build new features and integrations, wrangle tricky CSS, and troubleshoot bugs.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology products, both web and mobile, and in-gallery screens and kiosks.
- Work with the team to understand requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Evaluate success of projects through testing and analytics, and iteratively improve applications based on user needs.
You MUST apply by May 12, 2016 at https://my.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/437492700/
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC