DescriptionEast Carolina University (ECU) Libraries is seeking a skilled developer to help create and maintain a variety of web and software applications for the library and ECU community. Using .NET, database management systems, and HTML/CSS, this position will provide customization and support for open source applications and digital collections and provide integration with vendor-based APIs and web service components.
The successful candidate will join the Application & Digital Services (ADS) unit, a team of developers that, in collaboration with all library departments, support the web, software, and digitization needs of ECU Libraries. In consultation with the team, this position will determine project needs, prepare mockups, install and configure software applications, and troubleshoot issues throughout a project's lifecycle. This is an opportunity to join a skilled team dedicated to finding application solutions that support research, publishing, open access, digital preservation and archives.
ADS is committed to providing training opportunities for team members with the interest and desire to learn. Potential avenues of exploration for the successful candidate could be to help enhance our Blacklight catalog application, assess our database security and administration, or help develop applications and workflows surrounding digital preservation. Some of the team's current projects can be found on our departmental website at http://www.ecu.edu/cs-lib/depts/ads.cfm
East Carolina University Libraries serve as the heart of ECU's research efforts and are at the forefront of providing innovative, efficient, user-centered services and resources for the ECU community and Eastern North Carolina. Located in Greenville, with more than 28,000 students, ECU is the second-largest university and fastest-growing campus in the UNC system. The university offers excellent benefits including twelve annual paid holidays and generous annual leave, flexible health and retirement options, and a tuition waiver program. The campus is located approximately 80 miles east of Raleigh, and 80 miles west of the Atlantic Ocean. Additional information about ECU is available at http://www.ecu.edu
Associate's degree in Computer Information Technology; Computer Technology Integration; or related areas and two years of experience related to the position's role;
- or a Bachelor's degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of experience in the Information Technology Field related to the position's role,
- or a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or Engineering from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in the Information Technology Field related to the position's role;
- or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- experience with .NET, database management systems, and HTML/CSS
- A bachelor's degree in an information technology discipline and three to five years of experience;
- knowledge of Unix/Linux;
- knowledge of version control systems, XML/XSLT, and/or CSS Frameworks;
- knowledge of or interest in digital preservation methods and software (e.g Dspace, BitCurator, Archivematica and/or iRODS)
- experience working in an academic library or similar institution.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, April 14, 2016 13:10 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC