DescriptionJob Opening Title: Part-time Archivist
Institution/Organization Name: Cambridge Historical Society
Job Location (City, State, Province, Country): Cambridge, MA
Application Deadline: May 15, 2016
Link to job posting:
Years of experience required: 2+
Job Description (if URL to posting not available): Part-time Archivist
To achieve our long-term goals as outlined in our strategic plan, the Cambridge Historical Society seeks an archives professional to provide collections assistance to the Executive Director and Collections Committee.
• Playing an active role in acquisition, arrangement, description, preservation, and processing of the Society’s object and archive collections;
• Answering reference requests in a timely manner and assisting researchers with the highest level of customer service;
• Presenting a tour of the Hooper-Lee-Nichols House on a regular basis;
• Attending Collections Committee meetings monthly;
• Researching and applying for collections-related funding opportunities;
• Supervising interns and volunteers;
• Contributing a collections voice to the Society’s print newsletter, annual programs, donor events, and social media activities.
• MLS/MLIS or MA in History program, with a concentration in archives preferred;
• Two or more years of experience required;
• Enthusiasm; experience working in a team setting as well as independently; strong organizational and communication skills required;
• Ability to lift 25 lbs and move within tight spaces of a historic building.
• Position is part-time at 16 hours a week;
• Set hours are flexible during regular business hours (Monday–Friday, 9AM-5PM);
• Work will take place onsite at the Hooper-Lee-Nichols House, a non-handicap accessible historic building.
If interested in joining a small team of dedicated individuals excited to make the past relevant to the present, please submit your resume and letter of interest to Marieke Van Damme, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
How to apply
Published: Saturday, April 9, 2016 19:56 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC