DescriptionJob ID: N1942300
Job Area: Library and Information Services
**TO APPLY: Please do not email resumes to Contact. Apply using job link/url provided either on this job posting or CLICK HERE to apply via Qualcomm’s Career Page directly.
The Qualcomm Library is seeking a content integration librarian to assist in providing seamless global information delivery for Qualcomm employees. This position is responsible for the creation, normalization, maintenance, and enrichment of metadata representing the Qualcomm Library’s digital and physical collections.
Creativity, flexibility, and strong project management skills will be necessary to connect disparate data sources to ensure content delivery between systems across the enterprise. The ideal candidate will be a forward thinker, driven to create novel technical solutions for content delivery resulting in ultimate findability.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Primary administrator for Voyager ILS system search specs, input/output field management, global updates on metadata, database oversight, system upgrades, troubleshoots functional and performance issues, provides assistance and support to staff, partners, and users concerning the library’s digital library systems.
- Primary cataloger; Oversee cataloging and digital file management connections for the entire system
- Application of cataloging best practices to aid in the findability of information in non-ILS and/or new information discovery environments.
- Integrate multiple taxonomies and ontologies as well as RDF and semantic web technologies with existing data structures.
- Responsibility for integrity of data sets at a record level
- Create reports and special views of the database holdings using MS Access reports and SQL
- Participate in/lead projects associated with enterprise search connectivity to Library systems
- Identification & implementation of long-term systematic solutions for content integration
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Cataloging and classification of information resources using MARC21 and Library of Congress Classification system
- Cataloging library holdings using an Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Creating special views of database holdings using MS Access reports and SQL
- Bibliographic database maintenance
- Applying authority control/controlled vocabularies, or use of a corporate thesaurus
- Basic UNIX commands
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Experience with Integrated Library System (ILS) database (Voyager preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of contemporary bibliographic-maintenance standards and practice
- Experience building content and information architectures using standard metadata schemas and taxonomies
- Experience in applying authority control/controlled vocabularies, or use of a corporate thesaurus
- Experience with, and understanding of, content recognition technologies
- Experience managing information assets across multiple sites and internal/external resources.
- Solid understanding of content workflows & metadata management and delivery.
- Normalizing and manipulating data using Informatica and/or XSLT
- Demonstrated expertise in Access, SQL, XML, XSLT, and UNIX.
- Experience managing projects and implementing quality controls.
- Knowledge of the software application(s) that support(s) the business process.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex cross-functional content and/or collaboration technologies projects.
In addition to the above, a successful candidate will be self-directed, and have superior analytical and advanced creative problem-solving skills. The person will be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Additionally, the candidate will have a polished presentation with strong professional and interpersonal communication skills and display an outgoing and proactive problem-solving mindset. Strong project management, the ability to work in small to large cross-functional teams, and being able to communicate well with both colleagues and internal customers at all levels of the organization are critical.
Required Master's MLIS in Library information systems
External URL: https://jobs.qualcomm.com/public/jobDetails.xhtml?requisitionId=1942300
A career at Qualcomm Incorporated ® (http://www.qualcomm.com/ ) gives you the opportunity to join in the creation of technologies that change the world. Thousands of dedicated people working diligently to make a mark in the evolution of our planet. Sounds like a pretty big deal to just start with a simple job application. But it does.
EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veteran’s status.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC