DescriptionThe Kansas Historical Society (KSHS) seeks an innovative, future-thinking web and mobile applications developer with a passion for using technology to enhance the cultural heritage organization customer experience.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Update and enhance the Historical Society's flagship websites, kshs.org and kansasmemory.org;
- Develop web and mobile applications to improve access to KSHS archives, museum, and archeology collections and to streamline delivery of KSHS services;
- Contribute to KSHS initiatives to ensure the long-term preservation of digitized and born-digital collections;
- Create applications to support interactive exhibits for the KSHS museum and historic sites.
Preferred qualifications for the position include knowledge of:
- Application development best practices, tools, and techniques;
- A web programming language, such as PHP or Python;
- A web development framework using the Model-view-controller architecture, such as CakePHP or Django;
- Web markup, including HTML5 and CSS;
- Web content management systems such as Drupal, Joomla, or concrete5;
- Relational database systems and SQL in support of web applications;
- Responsive web design;
- Search enhancement technologies, including search platforms such as Solr;
- Web application load and performance testing tools;
- Web analytics, including tools such as Google Analytics;
- Mobile application development on multiple platforms, including both iOS and Android;
- Web and mobile application accessibility requirements and technologies;
- Linux operating system; software versioning and revision control systems (e.g. Subversion), and the Apache web server.
Complete position description:
HOW TO APPLY:
The application process has 3 STEPS.
STEP 1: Register by completing the online Personal Data Form:
Note: Skip this step if you already have an Applicant ID number.
STEP 2: Complete the State of Kansas online Application Form:
Select Historical Society and submit.
STEP 3: Email these additional required documents to email@example.com Include the job requisition number and your last name in the subject line.
• Cover letter
• Copy of college transcripts
• Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate
KANSAS TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED: Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html
A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. All applicants, including current state employees, are responsible for submitting a valid certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact 785-296-3199.
Matt Veatch, State Archivist
How You Will Be Evaluated:
Your application will be considered incomplete and you may be found ineligible if you fail to submit all required documentation. Your application will be reviewed to ensure you meet the minimum and any necessary special requirements. Next, your application will be evaluated and rated based on preferred selection criteria and competencies for the position.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 20:27 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC