DescriptionThe Collections & Exhibitions Archivist will be part of the Physical Assets division of the Franchise Creative and Asset Management Department at Lucasfilm Ltd. The position will coordinate incoming collections from production and outgoing loans to internal departments within Lucasfilm and the wider Walt Disney Company as well as external exhibitions. Under the supervision of the Manager, Physical Assets, the Collections & Exhibitions Archivist will play an integral role in shaping the Physical Assets division through participation in the implementation of departmental policies and procedures and the development of its collection management systems.
• Administer the process for documenting all loans such as loan agreements, facility reports, COIs, condition reports, and pro forma invoices.
• Performs all logistics for outgoing loans, including but not limited to handling, packing, shipping, insurance, preparation, courier responsibilities, security, condition reporting, and install/de-install planning and coordination.
• Communicates and coordinates loan details effectively with a variety of parties – including Lucasfilm and Disney employees, external borrowing institutions, vendors, and art shipping companies.
• Performs permanent collection registration and collections management tasks as objects are acquired from production including assigning accession numbers, cataloguing, database management, preventative conservation and packing for storage.
• Monitors the environmental conditions and assists in the space planning of local gallery rooms and storage facilities
• Assists in the development and records maintenance of FileMaker Pro and proprietary collection management database systems
• Participates in the creation of collection development and loan policies and procedures
• Fulfills research queries and material requests for internal departments
• Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience:
• Master's degree in museum studies, public history, or related subject.
• Minimum three years of museum registration or collections management experience.
Required Skills / Competencies:
• Expert knowledge in best practices and standards for art handling and preventative care; Experience with textile collections preferred.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and flexible to a changing production schedule.
• Must have a valid passport and driver’s license and be willing to travel.
• Proficient on both PC and Mac with extensive experience with museum and archive collection management systems.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, April 7, 2016 04:41 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC