Content and Applications Manager
Created: March 24, 2016
Fenway Libraries Online Boston0 other recent jobs
DescriptionContent and Applications Manager
Fenway Libraries Online (FLO), www.flo.org, a library consortium of ten academic and special libraries in Boston and Cambridge, Massachusetts, seeks a Content and Applications Manager. This is a full-time position with benefits.
The Content and Applications Manager is responsible for content management across a range of applications and services. This includes: understanding and applying data models for bibliographic, authority, and digital object metadata; creating and maintaining configuration files in FLO applications; providing project management and user support; collaborating with FLO staff and library staff to evaluate, deploy and upgrade applications.
The candidate should have broad knowledge of library operations and library software applications; strong computer and software competence; experience with metadata standards; and the ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. The candidate should be creative, energetic, and able to communicate effectively with all levels of library staff. Dedication to serving the needs of the libraries is a key value.
* Coordinate, configure, and maintain content in FLO applications.
* Provide technical support for software applications, such as Voyager, SFX, CORAL, EZproxy, IR+, and others under development.
* Review, implement and advise on metadata schemas and standards.
* Import batches of new content into software applications.
* Evaluate, plan and deploy new systems and services.
* Serve as liaison between library staff and vendor support staff (e.g., Ex Libris Customer Support).
* Provide staff support and direction for FLO committees.
* For complete list of responsibilities, see job description (available upon request).
* Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library school, or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, required.
* 2-3 years library experience in an academic setting preferred.
* Knowledge of an integrated library system and/or other library applications (e.g., e-resource management, institutional repositories, etc.) required.
* Knowledge of metadata standards preferred.
* Knowledge of a command-line operating system (e.g., Unix, Linux) and a scripting or programming language (e.g., Perl, Ruby) preferred.
* Ability to participate in collaborative problem solving required.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
Competitive salary plus attractive benefits package
Start date: July, 2016. Application review will begin in April, 2016.
Send email including resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to:
Fenway Libraries Online
A complete job description is available upon request.
Fenway Libraries Online encourages the application of all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or veteran status.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC