DescriptionThe Digital Marketing intern will assist the Programs & Communications team with the development and execution of a wide range of publicity and outreach initiatives. The intern will help create and implement innovative online messaging to increase BHS’s visibility, and build excitement about our ever-changing programs and exhibitions. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic self-starter to obtain substantive, hands-on experience in non-profit marketing and communications and be part of an organization that is in the midst of exciting growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the creation and execution of the communications calendar
- Monitoring, updating, and publishing new content for all social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Designing digital promotional materials
- Developing proposals for social media campaigns
- Reporting and monitoring traffic of all networks
- Maintaining BHS press files
- Updating website content
Candidates must be able to commit to 10-15 hours a week. We strongly prefer that these hours be spent in our Brooklyn office. We will, however, consider a combination of in-office and remote work.
The ideal candidate has these qualifications:
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write compelling content for website, blogs, and social networks
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Is a current or recent college graduate, or graduate student in the NYC area
- Copy-writing and/or creative writing experience a plus
- Savvy and experienced with social networking tools
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Reliable, flexible, and committed to the internship
- Excellent attention to detail
In addition to gaining experience working as part of a small, productive team and taking on responsibilities in non-profit digital brand messaging, benefits of this unpaid internship include free access to NYC museums and discounts in the BHS Gift Shop.
How to Apply
Send your resume, cover letter, references, and availability as a PDF to Meredith Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Digital Marketing Internship” in the subject line.
March 2, 2016
How to apply
Published: Monday, March 21, 2016 14:30 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC