Full time Remote / Telecommute
DPLA Network Manager
Digital Public Library of America — Boston
0 other recent jobs
Created: March 16, 2016
DescriptionThe Digital Public Library of America is growing our Hubs Network. DPLA Hubs include Content and Service Hubs, and represent almost 2,000 cultural heritage institutions throughout the country. Over the next several years, we have the goal for cultural heritage institutions in every state to have an on-ramp to DPLA. This position will play a critical role in helping to grow, document and coordinate activities for the Hubs Network.
Reporting to the DPLA Director for Content, the DPLA Network Manager would perform the follow job duties:
- assist the DPLA Director for Content in building the DPLA Network by working with potential Hubs to assure their success as members of the network
- manage communications with the Hub network
- coordinate the Hubs application process
- provide documentation for the network on various activities
- oversee website updates related to Hubs network information needs, i.e. materials designed to help plan new Hubs, information about the Hubs network, application materials, etc.
- field inquiries about joining the network
- keep statistics related to the network and network activities
- provide education and training to the Hub network, including assisting with the implementation of rightsstatements.org
- assist in curation activities, such as building Exhibitions, Primary Source Sets or Network-owned ebook collections
Experience preferred: Direct experience with aggregation of metadata; Knowledge of metadata aggregation tools; Knowledge of the resources required to build and maintain a DPLA Hub. Prior experience with project management and/or personnel management.
Education Required: MLS or related degree
Like its collection, DPLA is strongly committed to diversity in all of its forms. We provide a full set of benefits, including health care, life and disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
This position is full-time. DPLA is a geographically-distributed organization, with roughly half of its employees in its headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, and most in the Northeast corridor between Washington and Boston. Given the significant travel and collaboration associated with this position, proximity to the majority of DPLA’s staff is helpful, and easy access to a major airport is essential.
The Digital Public Library of America strives to contain the full breadth of human expression, from the written word, to works of art and culture, to records of America’s heritage, to the efforts and data of science. Since launching in April 2013, it has aggregated over 11 million items from nearly 2,000 institutions. DPLA is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit.
To apply, send a letter of interest detailing your qualifications, resume and a list of 3 references in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. First review of applications will begin April 15, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled.
Published: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 15:04 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC