Legislative Information Analyst
Created: March 10, 2016
City of Seattle Seattle0 other recent jobs
DescriptionSALARY: $33.00 - $38.44 Hourly
LOCATION: City Hall, 600 4th Ave., Seattle, Washington
JOB TYPE: Civil Service Exempt, Regular, Full-time
DEPARTMENT: Legislative Department
BARGAINING UNIT: Not represented
CLOSING DATE 03/22/16 04:00 PM Pacific Time
The City of Seattle, Office of the City Clerk, is seeking an experienced technologist with an interest in advancing the effectiveness of open government. This is an opportunity to implement innovative technologies that facilitate open data and civic engagement. You will work with data owners and research professionals to evaluate, design, develop, and prototype solutions. In this role you will support our existing systems while designing our future. This position affords growth and an opportunity for you to explore database systems, programming languages, civic data, and web design.
- Engage with users, data owners, and researchers to develop strategies and plans to improve online access, user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
- Design, integration and management of Legislative data and information systems from data creation to public accessibility
- Develop user interfaces to facilitate loading and editing of database records
- Develop scripts, routines, queries and views to facilities cross-system synchronization and support
- Support and revise existing process as needed
- Develop special purpose and production databases for data management and online retrieval
- Partner with vendors to support and leverage current systems
- Assist with the management and maintenance of servers and data management systems
- Create system documentation, implementation plans, and facilitate testing
- The equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Library Science, or equivalent professional work experience
- Detailed practical knowledgeable and demonstrated competence in computer programming, data management methodologies, database systems (MS-SOL, MySOL)
- Proven ability to work successfully and effectively in a team-based setting
- Proven ability to solve problems independently using analytical and logical skills
- Excellent grammar, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience building compelling web applications and user interfaces
- Knowledge or expertise with Open data, Open government or Civic Technology
- Knowledge or experience with library science and/or research of government, legal or historical documents
- Knowledge or expertise with website accessibility
- Experience with server technology in an enterprise environment
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, ability to work independently, self-motivated and able to take initiative
1. Complete the online application by 4:00 PM on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 (www.seattle.gov/jobs)
2. Submit a cover letter and resume describing how your education and experience meet the minimum and desired qualifications
3. Please provide clear, concise responses to the follow two questions (less than half page per question):
a. Describe how you have leveraged technology and connectivity across multiple agencies to ensure streamlined access, inclusivity, and continuity of information
b. What methods have you employed to ensure business requirements are met and service is improved through technology
4. Please submit samples, links to website examples or documents of what you have created or work you have done
Applications received without cover letter, resume, written responses and work samples will not be considered.
The Legislative Department values diverse perspective and life experiences; people of color, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.seattle.gov/jobs Job #2016-00378
If you are unable to apply on-line you may submit a paper application by the closing date to our office.
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
Seattle Municipal Tower 700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500
Seattle, WA 98104
The City of Seattle is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity in the workplace. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for people with disabilities are provided on request. The City is a Drug Free Workplace.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC