DescriptionThe Five Colleges of Ohio (a consortium of liberal arts colleges comprised of The College of Wooster, Denison University, Kenyon College, Oberlin College, and Ohio Wesleyan University) is seeking candidates enthusiastic about library technology to work in collaboration with members of our consortium to support, enhance, and extend the capabilities of our shared library management system, discovery tools, and digital scholarship initiatives.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Consortial Library Systems, the Library Web Services Assistant provides superb support to library staff members using the Sierra library management system, loads data for electronic resources (ebooks, videos, journals) into the consortial catalog, and contributes to new and ongoing investigations of digital tools for use in our libraries.
This is a part-time position with flexible hours, and offers a unique opportunity for someone interested in building experience with a variety of library systems. The pay is $20.00 per hour without benefits. The Assistant’s office could be at Denison, Kenyon, Ohio Wesleyan, or Wooster, but occasional travel to each of the colleges will be required.
- Coursework in computer science, library and information science, or equivalent experience
- Strong attention to detail to ensure data integrity across library systems
- Strong customer service skills and a demonstrated desire to help solve problems
- Proactive, quick learner, with a strong sense of curiosity and enthusiasm for learning new technologies
- Ability to work independently in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience managing a website, including working with hosting providers, FTP software, and working with files on a web server
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science and technology, or related field
- Experience with an integrated library system (ILS) and library bibliographic data
Five Colleges of Ohio employees are hired through Kenyon College, an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the college’s policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, disability, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from women and minority candidates.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, March 2, 2016 21:06 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC