DescriptionThe Linux/LAMP Support Specialist acts as a facilitator for the academic and research computing needs of supported areas, performs tasks related to computing technology support, and coordinates service projects.
Activities include providing direct support for and assistance with Linux/LAMP applications, digital publishing tools and platforms, and Linux workstations and servers.
This position provides services to all LSITO-supported areas and the UWM Libraries. It will support faculty projects from many disciplines, specific library clients (Digital Collections, AGSL, Archives), and campus projects associated with these areas (e.g. Digital Humanities).
- A minimum of 1 year of experience supporting a Content Management System (e.g. Omeka, WordPress, CONTENTdm, Fedora Repository).
- A minimum of 1 year of experience supporting Linux workstations and servers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with digital humanities research tools and approaches (e.g. text mining, data visualization, image analysis).
- Ability to automate and manage tasks using shell scripts, schedulers, systems management tools, and/or other automation technologies.
- Experience managing servers, storage, and virtualization systems.
- Experience developing and supporting secure and accessible websites.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals forming many different teams, both inside and outside immediate units.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and willingness to document technical procedures.
- Prior work experience in a higher education setting.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC