DescriptionThe Winthrop Group’s Information & Archival Services Division has an immediate opening for a full-time Digital Archivist to assist with data migration and maintain accession workflows for the electronic records and digital assets of one of the world’s largest and most influential technology and consulting corporations. Reporting to the Corporate Archivist, the Digital Archivist will oversee metadata clean-up, generate usage reports, and assist with quality assurance and quality control.
Major tasks and responsibilities:
- Play active role in acquisition, arrangement and description, preservation, and providing secure access to born-digital and digitized collections
- Employ agile (iterative) methodology for fixity and data validation quality assurance and quality control reviews
- Collaborate with Corporate Archivist, Processing Archivist, and IT to identify problems, troubleshoot, fix and improve processing
- Participate in ongoing development and contribute to policies and workflows
- Respond to reference requests and provide resources for social media initiatives
- Record and track usage and provide monthly reports for the Corporate Archivist
- MLS/MLIS or MA in History program, with a concentration in archives
- Minimum of two to three years work in an archival setting
- Knowledge of digital archives theory and practice, including standards, best practices and technologies for managing digitized and born-digital materials
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact well and cooperate with colleagues
- Experience with working in corporate archives
- Appropriate coursework and/or Digital Archives Specialist (DAS) certificate
- Familiarity with different digital formats and types of metadata
- Previous experience overseeing a data migration project
- Proficiency in using collection management systems
- Competitive rate based on experience and qualifications.
Please send a resume; a list of at least three references including names, titles, postal and email addresses, and telephone numbers; and a brief description of relevant experience(s) to David Kay, at email@example.com.
Published: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 19:09 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC