DescriptionInformation Learning Services at York St John University, based in the Fountains Learning Centre, is looking to appoint an experienced individual to the post of Library Systems Manager. You will be responsible for the Library Services Platform (LSP) ensuring it reaches its optimum for supporting our users and ILS staff. You will play a key role in implementing innovation and change within your area of responsibility ensuring that services delivered are flexible, user-focused, and at the leading edge of best practice within the profession. ILS recently replaced their LSP with Capita Alto/Soprano. The successful candidate will therefore be joining ILS at an exciting time and will have the opportunity to help shape the strategic direction of resource discovery within ILS.
- be educated to degree level in a relevant subject area
- be experienced in managing and supporting a Library Management System/Library Services Platform
- be experienced in managing and supporting resource discovery layers.
- have excellent ICT skills especially in relation to web and resource discovery.
- have experience and knowledge of RFID management and support
- have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- We offer an excellent range of benefits including generous holiday entitlements, pension and salary sacrifice scheme eg childcare vouchers, with plenty of extra benefits, such as discounted membership to our sports and leisure facilities
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC