Director of Library Repository Services and Technology
Created: February 3, 2016
Arizona State University Tempe0 other recent jobs
DescriptionUnder the direction of the Associate University Librarian & Chief Technology Officer, responsible for the design, development, and management of library repository services and technologies. Oversees the implementation of platforms, processes, services, and systems for scholarly, research, archival, and other related repository functions.
Salary Range $58,850 -$140,000 per year; DOE
Close Date 05-February-2016
- Responsible for executing strategy related to repository services and technologies including the design and correct implementation of systems and workflows.
- Analyzes requirements and develops work plans and time schedules including outlining phases, personnel, and other resource requirements; monitors workload and progress and adjusts schedule and plan as necessary.
- Coordinates with the Digital Projects Librarian and Discovery Services teams to solve complex procedural, operational, and technical issues related to repository platform and service objectives.
- Leads activities with technology staff to provide resources and technology solutions to address issues relating to hardware infrastructure, middleware, and other technology-based systems/platforms.
- Participates with library administrators and managers in planning, directing and coordinating personnel to meet goals and objectives.
- Evaluates software products, frameworks, and libraries to determine their applicability to repository and related projects.
- Completes or contributes to various reports and summaries to management, grant-makers, and/or other constituents including status reports and progress summaries.
- Assures that appropriate levels of technical and related support are available to both expert users and consumers of services.
- Participates in the development of data format and metadata standards for repository, data management, and other services.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field AND five (5) years’ of systems and/or programming experience which includes three (3) years’ experience managing technology projects involving academic or other comparable information services infrastructure; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 17:32 UTC