Reporting to the Library Information Systems Coordinator, the Library Systems Manager supervises the Information Systems Unit and also plays a strategic role in planning and maintaining current and efficient IT systems and applications for the Library. The Library Systems Manager leads, administers, and maintains existing systems and supports the adoption, technical integration, and management of emerging technologies, automated systems, and digital initiatives, to meet the ongoing and future service requirements and information management needs of the MRU Library.
This position provides operational oversight for the effective delivery of library services and applications by managing the design, installation, maintenance, documentation, security, upgrading, and troubleshooting of library application platforms, servers, databases, and related systems.
- Systems Administration including development, maintenance, and management of Library Information Systems
- Supervision of the Library Information Systems staff
- Project management and leadership
- Functional expert and business process analyst for systems development
- An MLIS degree (or equivalent) from an ALA-accredited program, with three to five (3-5) years of post-degree Systems Librarian experience in a library systems setting.
- Current experience with design, configuration, documentation, administration, management, security, and operation of Library systems including the ILS (or LSP) and discovery layer, as well as integrating vendor-hosted services with on-site services. Familiarity with the ExLibris Voyager ILS would be an immediate asset.
- Proficiency with client/server environments, alongside practical knowledge of software and services needed to administer application environments that include: Microsoft Windows, UNIX/Linux, Oracle, relational database (SQL) servers, and proxy servers (e.g. EZProxy).
- Understanding of bibliographic and archival metadata and record structures, technology standards, and protocols such as FRBR, Z39.50, OAI/PMH, RDA.
- This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to work with a widely diverse group of people with overlapping requirements.
How to apply
Published: Friday, January 29, 2016 16:30 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC