Created: January 28, 2016
Oregon Public Broadcasting Portland0 other recent jobs
DescriptionOPB is looking for an experienced Media Archivist excited to organize and catalog our media collection and actively assist content creators in research. This salaried, exempt position is a full time, regular status position with benefits.
Work closely with all work groups to ensure assets* created by OPB are properly cataloged, stored and readily available for internal and external use. Actively manage physical and digital assets, nearline and online as well as offline assets. Develop and maintain criteria and methodologies for inclusion and de-acquisition of assets in the collection. Proactively review in order to advise unit leaders, content creators, and others on retention and de-acquisition of assets.
Manage Digital Asset Management system as well as maintain metadata structures and taxonomies. Manage volunteers, interns and temporary staff. Direct staff of content distribution specialists available for day-to-day functions of ingest and distribution of content. Be a resource that informs OPB staff and outside entities about the value of our library of materials. Handle stock footage sales.
*Assets are defined as content or content related documentation which is created, or available for use, by OPB staff. This could include audio and video assets, photos, scripts and transcripts, graphics and any other digital and/or physical materials/assets.
This position will be physically located with content creators in an open office environment, and works at a computer most of the time, entering data and reviewing documents and media clips. Some heavy lifting may be required.
- Five years experience in archive management.
- Understanding of rights and licensing.
- Working knowledge of computers, databases and asset management systems.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with a wide variety of work groups and people.
- Ability to work independently, with a cooperative spirit and a drive toward problem solving.
- Understanding of the interactive project lifecycle.
- Familiarity with moving content between multimedia formats.
- Experience managing staff, including volunteers and interns.
- Ability to negotiate with clients over the phone and through email in a pleasant yet assertive manner.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB.
- Graduate studies in Museology, Archival studies or Library Science, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of regional history and how that applies to media.
Please send an email or letter of interest requesting the instructions on how to apply for this position (Media Archivist) to email@example.com or OPB Human Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
Instructions on how to apply will be sent within 24 hours of receiving the letter of interest Monday through Friday. If a letter of interest is sent over the weekend or a holiday, application instructions will be sent by the end of the next business day.
All application materials are due by:
Feb. 26, 2016, 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC
How to apply
Published: Thursday, January 28, 2016 16:10 UTC