Full time Remote / Telecommute
Production Support Engineer (DevOps)
Artefactual Systems Inc. — New Westminster
0 other recent jobs
Created: January 27, 2016
DescriptionArtefactual Systems is the lead developer of the open-source Archivematica and AtoM software applications for the international archives and library community. We are looking to add a Production Support Engineer to our DevOps team.
Artefactual provides remote technical support for client installations, in addition to offering hosted solutions to its growing list of international clients.
The position will focus on providing enterprise-grade computing and storage deployment and technical support. The primary responsibilities will be centred around supporting a range of hosted and on-premises production environments.
* Monitor and maintain existing client servers (OS-level support) as well as assist in application-level support
* Deploy and configure new client systems
* Assist in the development of internal tools (e.g. automated deployment scripts, backup systems, monitoring systems)
* Full-time, hourly position (contract options will be considered)
* Salary ($30-$40 per hour) commensurate with experience and qualifications
* 4% holiday pay and extended health/dental benefits
* Flexible schedule including one telecommute day per week (full telcommute is also an option)
* Enjoyable work environment: we have a skilled and enthusiastic team!
Mandatory Application Qualifications
* Must understand, use and love free and open-source software
* Must be comfortable working in a heterogeneous, but predominately linux environment
* Must have proven experience working in a team on a technical project
* Must be self-motivated and self-learning
* Must have excellent communication skills in English, including communicating technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences, and a higher than average ability to listen.
* Proven linux systems administration experience
* Experience with script programming (e.g. bash, python, php)
* Experience deploying and supporting cloud based applications
A successful candidate should expect to use the following technologies on a regular basis:
* Azure/AWS/ProfitBricks/Digital Ocean
* Webservers (apache, nginx)
* Virtualization (virtualbox, kvm, lxc)
* Knowledge of linux packaging systems (deb/rpm)
* Experience with Jenkins or similar continuous integration tools
* Experience with networked file systems (NFS,CIFS,CEPH, etc)
* Experience working with vpn servers and clients
Please send your cover letter and CV in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at http://artefactual-systems.breezy.hr/. We are especially interested in hearing about your ability to deliver on our “Mandatory” qualifications in your cover letter.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 15:43 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC