IT Analyst II (Web Services Developer)
University of Oklahoma — Norman
0 other recent jobs
Created: January 15, 2016
DescriptionThe University of Oklahoma Libraries is looking for a Developer to join the Web Services team. The Web Services Developer would provide web development support using current standards for web code, documentation, usability, and accessibility; would support the maintenance of existing sites using the Drupal platform, GitHub workflow, and Agile development methodologies; would work in a team environment to develop new projects approved by the Knowledge Services project team; would research and develop new technologies to enhance the user experience and modern research methodologies; would participate in data visualization projects to enhance the presentation of the libraries' strategic initiatives; and, would help in the next phase of the libraries' web presences by increasing personalization and integrated library instruction.
Bachelor's degree in programming, information technology or a related field OR an equivalent experience in technology and operations. 18-36 months of experience in web service development.
• Master of Library Science/Information Science (ALA accredited).
• Web development experience in a library environment.
• Proficient in Drupal (minimum 3+ years), including custom module development, key contributed modules and core API.
• Proficient in the maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites.
• Experience integrating library web services into online higher education learning environments.
• Familiarity with current and emerging technologies for libraries and learning support.
• Experience in development for the mobile web.
• Familiarity with XML and XSLT.
• Experience with version control systems.
• Ability to function in a complex, multi-campus, teaching and research environment.
• Job Link
• PDF version
To apply for this position, please go to jobs.ou.edu and look for Requisition Number 24160
How to apply
Published: Friday, January 15, 2016 19:11 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC