The University of Kansas Medical Center, A. R. Dykes Library of the Health Sciences, seeks a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and highly-motivated individual for the position Electronic Resources Librarian. Reporting to the Assistant Director for Content and Access, the incumbent provides vision, leadership and management of content acquisition, electronic resources and resource sharing services.
She/he works closely with colleagues in Content and Access, User Services, Research and Learning, and Information Resources Technology staff, as well as with our counterparts on the KU-Lawrence and Wichita campuses in support of resource sharing services. Solid knowledge of publisher and vendor practices, copyright, fair use and open access publishing will be a plus in this position.
• Assist with oversight of acquisitions budget, resolution of payment problems, and working with vendors and campus offices as needed. Oversee acquisition of library materials in all formats.
• Monitor, analyze, and coordinate acquisitions and resource sharing data, statistics and other reports to assist in various assessment projects and to ensure timely and efficient service for patrons.
• Provide e-content activation, management, and troubleshooting.
• Apply knowledge of laws, standards, fair use and copyright decisions applicable to resource sharing operations and acquisitions.
• Maintain effective business relationships with vendors (including pricing and license negotiations) and assesses vendor performance.
• Maintain awareness of regional and national professional organizations of relevance to resource sharing and acquisitions and participates in regional and national consortia collaborations with our KU-Lawrence counterparts.
• Promote effective communication, teamwork, and a strong customer service orientation, both within the department and across the University system.
• Develop expertise with emerging technologies and maintain awareness of trends and developments in acquisitions, resource sharing and content delivery.
• Support the library's mission and strategic initiatives through department planning and objectives.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
• Master's degree by date of appointment.
• Minimum of one year experience in e-resources management.
• Familiarity with e-resource licensing, scholarly publishing, copyright and fair use issues.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as evidenced by the application materials and through the interview process.
• Experience working with an e-resources assessment tool such as Intota.
• Experience working with current and emerging information systems in acquisition and resource sharing domains (ILS, electronic resource management, vendor databases, etc.).
• Experience with budget planning, expenditure analysis and project management.
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity, resourcefulness, and commitment to innovative approaches for improving operations and services.
• Strong technical skills in MS office applications and database management systems.
• Strong organizational, analytical, persuasion/negotiation, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to build consensus and promote productive cooperation and teamwork.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is proud to be an EO/AA Employer.
The University of Kansas Medical Center’s mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu
How to apply
Published: Monday, January 11, 2016 18:27 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC