Web Application Developer
Created: December 21, 2015
Arizona State University Tempe1 other recent jobs
DescriptionCome join the rapidly expanding Discovery Services team at ASU Libraries in sunny Tempe, Az! U.S. News & World Report recently ranked ASU as the #1 most innovative school in the country and our library system aims to do the same.
Works closely and collaboratively with users and librarians to design, create, develop, enhance and maintain web content, tools, functionality and format based on requests and in support of library goals. Configures, supports and administers library instructional technology applications such as LibGuides, Guide on the Side, Omeka, and other related web applications.
This position is located within the Discovery Services Unit of the Informatics and CyberInfrastucture department of ASU Libraries and reports to the Director of Discovery Services.
- Develops web forms, templates, database-driven web pages, new web tools and dynamic areas within web pages designed to enhance, sustain and support ideas and vision of the area in compliance with established styles and standards
- Provides technical consultative suggestions and recommendations to users for continued enhancements to web content and informational areas
- Works closely with users to understand requirements, security needs; develops and presents initial design ideas and associated tools, tests functionality to ensure objectives are achieved; integrates user developed content
- Assists in creating instructional materials and media
- Identifies and troubleshoots errors and/or problems with web based applications; works collaboratively with involved stakeholders to facilitate timely resolution; escalates as appropriate
- Participate as team member in a wide variety of projects to develop and improve routine procedures through use of innovative and technology supported solutions; prepares associated documentation and end-user training
- Remains abreast of technology directions, initiatives and trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance and recommendations
- Designs, develops, maintains and enhances a variety of online instructional content, services and forms to facilitate the delivery of a technology based curriculum along with associated supporting content
- Provides technical support in the production of multimedia-based layouts, graphics, animations, video and sound; designs web interfaces and develops layout design/content; selects illustrative materials for use ensuring consistency, accuracy and compliance with all standards.
- Prepares training materials and associated documentation.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC
How to apply
Published: Monday, December 21, 2015 20:49 UTC