State Historical Society of Missouri — Columbia
0 other recent jobs
Created: December 14, 2015
DescriptionBasic Function and Responsibility
To create and coordinate digital projects, collections, and services
- Create and maintain websites, applications including ecommerce, and online databases.
- Develop and manage digital projects and services.
- Accession and manage electronic records including image, audio, and video formats.
- Provide assistance to researchers.
- Research, plan, and execute outreach efforts including online exhibits.
- Continue education through attending conferences, seminars, and professional meetings.
- Demonstrated experience with web design and related software including Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress
- Experience with various database systems including MS Access, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL
- Excellent visual, communication, and public speaking skills
- Successful candidates are expected to have a degree in Information Systems or Library Science with an emphasis on digital collections or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 to 40-pound boxes is mandatory.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in website development and managing digital assets.
- Must have experience with managing digitization projects.
Founded in 1898 and established as a trustee of the state a year later, SHSMO is the premier center for the study of Missouri state and local history. Through its education program, the Center for Missouri Studies, SHSMO collects, preserves, and publishes materials that enhance research and support learning opportunities in the study of the Midwest at six research centers around the state, with headquarters on the University of Missouri campus. Visit: http://shs.umsystem.edu
How to apply
Published: Monday, December 14, 2015 15:15 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC