Associate Director of Development for Digital Initiatives
Created: December 11, 2015
New York Public Library New York City0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThe New York Public Library, based in the world's information capital, has made great strides growing our reach in the digital realm. NYPL must continue to brand itself as an essential, unique contributor to New York City’s digital sector while raising significant new funds that will allow NYPL to scale quickly and robustly, as well as ensure programmatic stability and sustainability.
To this end, The New York Public Library's Development Office seeks an individual with strong relationships and deep knowledge of the tech sector to join our efforts as a senior member of the fundraising team.
- Under the direction of the Vice President for Development, and in close coordination with NYPL leadership, as well as colleagues in Digital Programs, IT, and Marketing & Communications Departments, develops and implements a cohesive and effective communications and fundraising plan for the Libraries digital initiatives.
- Strategically engages prospective and existing donors from the tech sector; organizes and attends donor visits, tours, and presentations, as needed; and manages other stewardship opportunities.
- Helps frame the goals of programs and initiatives that follow the Library’s digital initiatives, including the communication of outcomes that will demonstrate impact to donors and potential funders;
- Coordinates the creation of budgets for fundraising purposes and direct fundraising efforts to areas of greatest need;
- Provides content and messaging to be used in fundraising pitches to major gift prospects, foundation donors, and corporate sponsors, among other potential program investors;
- Outlines a communications plan that would help brand NYPL in the technology and digital sectors;
- Spearheads and coordinates events and partnerships that raise the profile of both the Library and key staff as leaders in the digital sector.
- Tracks spending and initiative implementation for purposes of grant reporting; and
- Identifies and coordinates strategic partnerships with outside agencies and organizations to expand programmatic impact and capitalize on fundraising opportunities.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Staff the NYPL Tech Advisory Committee.
- Strategic thinking and communication
- Sound judgment and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Quality Management
- Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and research skills.
- Significant experience in the Technology sector, deep knowledge of the field and the players.
- Fundraising and development experience, with a demonstrated track record of managing complex grant-funded projects.
- Ability to take direction, act independently, set and maintain priorities, balance demands of multiple tasks, and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work tactfully and effectively with all levels of Library staff, donors, and volunteers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC
How to apply
Published: Friday, December 11, 2015 22:11 UTC