Internet Archive — San Francisco
0 other recent jobs
Created: December 11, 2015
DescriptionThe Internet Archive is seeking a Web Archivist for ArchiveIt. Come help us help others save the web! ArchiveIt is a web archiving service first launched in 2006 that enables our 350+ library and archive partners to capture, manage, preserve, and provide access to the highest quality content from the web. As the service expands, we are looking for a resourceful, collaborative, and technicallysavvy individual to join our team. You can find out more about the service at https://archiveit.org/.
The Web Archivist is the main contact for partners who use ArchiveIt and has responsibility for interacting with partners, supporting their work archiving the web, and improving the service. The role is responsible for fielding and managing technical questions and working with the ArchiveIt engineering and program team. The role also focuses on internal projects, including contributing to feature development and testing, user and technical documentation, training and tutorials, and representing ArchiveIt and Internet Archive in the professional community.
- Work directly with other web archivists and engineers on technical issues and ArchiveIt application improvements including testing, documentation, and project management.
- Work to resolve technical support issues, assisting partners in troubleshooting issues and maintaining the quality of archived collections of websites and of the ArchiveIt service.
- Onboarding new ArchiveIt partners including conducting webinars, trainings, and managing web application configuration and maintenance.
- Represent ArchiveIt and promote web archiving via conference presentations, workshops, professional events, and participation in the professional community.
- Participate in special projects as directed, such as research, reporting, internal data management and preservation projects, and multiinstitutional collaborations.
Qualification and Skills:
- Master’s degree in LIS/Archives or equivalent, or experience working with libraries, archives, museums and other memory institutions is strongly preferred.
- Two years technical support and/or publicfacing user support is strongly preferred.
- Technical knowledge of web archiving and/or web technologies is preferred.
- Exceptional written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable learning new tools and working with engineers and remote staff.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and responsibilities.
- Ability to work in and enjoy a looselystructured, creative work environment.
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and in inquisitive spirit are appreciated.
To apply: Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Web Archivist” in the subject line.
How to apply
Published: Friday, December 11, 2015 15:06 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC