DescriptionJoin OhioLINK, an internationally recognized leader in resource sharing and digital content management, in order to assist in ensuring long-term access to digital content managed by OhioLINK and accessed by our 121 member libraries.
Currently the managed content includes one of North America’s largest collections of electronic journals, an electronic book collection, a shared electronic theses and dissertations collection for 30 Ohio colleges and universities, and a digital resources center that includes a shared music and video collection.
In conjunction with the member libraries of OhioLINK and the Manager of Member and User Services, the Digital Curation Coordinator will manage OhioLINK’s implementation of the Rosetta digital preservation platform; assist in developing required policies and procedures related to digital digital collections and preservation; represent OhioLINK at digital curation events; and interact with OhioLINK members on issues related to digital curation.
Working closely with the Manager of Member and User Services and OH-Tech technical staff, the Digital Curation Coordinator will:
- Implement the OhioLINK digital preservation program, including the development and monitoring of digital preservation policies and procedures
- Manage Rosetta digital preservation platform
- Coordinate large, complex legacy collections for initial ingest into the digital preservation repository and establish replicable procedure for ongoing ingest of changing collections
- Design and document solutions for storing metadata in preservation repository in ways that are consistent with national standards and best practices
- Provide for ongoing support and management of archived digital collections including dissemination of requested content
- Train other OhioLINK staff on use of the digital preservation repository
- Create appropriate project documentation
- Advise internal collection managers on digital content lifecycle issues and strategies
- Work on projects related to access and discovery of internal and external digital collections
- Work with member libraries on issues related to digital curation
- Participate in efforts related to digital curation at the local, national and international level
For a complete position description of the above job and to
apply, please visit: http://jobsatosu.com/postings/66855 (keyword “OhioLINK”).
Preference will be given to applications received by the posted end date. All applications should be submitted through the website listed above.
Drew White, Human Resources, 1224 Kinnear Road,
Columbus, OH 43212, (614) 292-2318
To build a diverse workforce Ohio State encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. EEO/AA employer
How to apply
Published: Thursday, December 10, 2015 18:06 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC