DescriptionResponsible for planning, managing and delivering programs of instruction, reference, outreach, and resource selection in the social sciences and to lead the development and provision of data services in a dynamic academic library environment.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University''s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University''s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates and participates in course-integrated information-related instruction closely tied to the curricular goals in the social sciences. Creates virtual instructional materials such as online course and subject guides and tutorials to facilitate student and faculty research.
- Participates in a collaborative model of reference and research support. Coverage of evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Serves as the Library''s expert on the research, learning culture, and information practices of the social sciences. Maintains an active outreach program and develops innovative marketing strategies with the social sciences community to ensure their awareness of library services. Leads the development and provision of data services in a dynamic academic library environment.
- Selects, assesses and deselects assigned subject collections to support the research needs of faculty and students in the social sciences. Develops, manages, and revises subject collection development policies to reflect curricular needs.
- Contributes to programs and initiatives of Falvey Library, Villanova University, and professional organizations, as appropriate.
Published: Friday, December 11, 2015 21:52 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC