DescriptionPurdue University Libraries seeks a highly motivated, innovative, and learnercentered individual for the position of Molecular Biosciences Information Specialist. In support of the Libraries’ strategic plan, the Molecular Biosciences Information Specialist will establish collaborative relationships with individual research laboratory groups and academic centers (eg., Bindley Bioscience Center, Bioinformatics Core Cyber Center); develop and conduct strong user-centered programs to support discovery and learning in the molecular biosciences; take a leading role in defining and implementing user instruction for students and faculty in the molecular biosciences as an integral part of the Libraries’ system-wide information literacy program; evaluate, select, and integrate molecular biosciences resources into the Libraries collections for optimal use and sharing; evaluate and procure tools and resources that contribute to bioinformatics research; lead in datarelated initiatives in the Libraries Health and Life Sciences Division, providing consultation services in developing data management strategies and plans, and by leveraging library expertise in copyright, scholarly publishing, patent/trademark issues, and data curation.
- Masters degree from an ALA-accredited library school and/or advanced, terminal degree in biosciences or another relevant discipline.
- commitment to engage in research and scholarship, and ability to achieve promotion and tenure.
- two years recent experience in molecular biosciences
- demonstrated interest in the applications of current and emerging technologies to meet the changing needs of users
- strong service orientation and high degree of computer literacy
- excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to work well with all levels of users and staff
- demonstrated commitment to user instruction and to consultation with users on their information management needs
- supervisory experience
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC