DescriptionThe J. Willard Marriott Library seeks an energetic, visionary, innovative, and accomplished professional for the position of Head, Digital Library Services (DLS). This is an excellent opportunity to work with collaborative, energetic, and enthusiastic colleagues in developing and delivering an information environment that significantly advances end-user resource discovery and use of digital library services. Overseeing digital operations, metadata work related to digital projects, and digital preservation services and reporting to the Associate Dean for IT and Digital Library Services, the successful candidate will:
• Provide strategic vision, leadership, and supervision of day-to-day activities in DLS.
• Collaborate with library and campus units, faculty, and students in order to foster and integrate new digital library solutions that will shape the future of the university's information environment.
• Work closely with the Library's Information Technology Departments to develop and maintain supporting infrastructure.
• Develop policies and procedures for efficiently managing digital assets from digitization and metadata creation through ingestion into Marriott Library's digital repository and other systems.
• Develop long-term preservation strategies and procedures.
• Shape new directions for services that integrate digital tools and techniques in support of student learning and faculty research and scholarship
• Identifies appropriate established and emerging technologies to meet the needs of digital projects
• Manage the department, including planning, policy, and personnel matters.
While this position focuses primarily on Digital Library Services, all faculty librarians serve the needs of University faculty, staff, and students along with members of the local community. Work across organizational lines is encouraged to support and strengthen all services in the Marriott Library. The Head of DLS will assist with implementing the Marriott Library's Strategic Directions (http://bit.ly/1KBroYK) and will be expected to be professionally active through participation in appropriate professional societies and through research and publication.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC