DescriptionThe University Libraries seek a dynamic and service-oriented librarian to lead us in advancing student and faculty research and curricular innovation through the creation of new data support services. Working with library colleagues and other campus constituents, the successful candidate will facilitate the development of an infrastructure and services to support data discovery, curation, preservation and sharing; design programs to educate the campus community on data management requirements and best practices; and guide faculty and students in the discovery and use of existing data sets. The successful candidate will also provide training and support to colleagues in all aspects of the research data lifecycle. Additional responsibilities include serving as a liaison librarian to support instruction, outreach, research partnerships and grant activities for one or more academic departments.
The successful candidate will serve as an active member of the Library Faculty, contributing to the Library’s public services programs and initiatives, and will be a leader in current and emerging trends in data science, scholarly communication, and data curation.
- MLS degree received from an ALA-accredited institution
- Experience working with datasets including data identification, curation, or retrieval
- Strong commitment to research and teaching support, information literacy instruction, and other liaison activities
- Effective interpersonal, oral, written, and online communication skills
- A second advanced degree in any subject area, or demonstrated subject specialization
How to apply
Published: Friday, November 27, 2015 11:13 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC