DescriptionThe Digitization and Metadata Specialist will digitize collections and enter metadata of Collection into Country Music Foundation’s digital asset management system, to include cataloging and migration of existing digitized collections. Properly handle fragile and rare archival materials.
- Digitization of project specific video, audio, print and photo collections
- Migration of existing digitized collections into DAM infrastructure.
- Cataloging of existing digitized collections in a consistent manner.
- Support the preparation of materials for digitization.
- Re-house analog items.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited institution or comparable education.
- Knowledge of digitization best practices and techniques.
- Cataloging experience.
- Familiarity in working with a variety of formats is highly desirable as is a working knowledge of country music.
- Ability to properly handle fragile and rare archival materials.
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop and Audio and Moving Image software programs.
- Experience with CONTENTdm or similar digital asset management system.
- Someone who enjoys digitizing and cataloging rare, unique, and fragile collections.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Sound judgment to identify and report problems to supervisors and contribute to resolving them.
- Ability to work within a consistent infrastructure.
Follow us: @countrymusichof on Twitter | countrymusichof on Facebook
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC