DescriptionEntrepreneurial and user-focused, the Business/Data Librarian will develop strong relationships with Lehigh faculty and students to further their research, teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and evaluate library business and economics electronic resources and data services for curricular and research needs.
- Provide instructional programs and research assistance, including course-integrated instruction, seminars, course-embedded assistance, orientation, and consulting with individual faculty and students.
- Coordinate licensing, purchasing, renewal and documentation for databases licensed by the College of Business of Business and Economics for College use, in concert with faculty and staff.
- Provide data support to faculty and students, primarily in the College of Business and Economics (CBE), including data exporting and importing, and discovery of and documentation for datasets.
- Serve ex officio on the CBE faculty database committee, working with faculty to select, purchase and manage resources and data in support of their own teaching and research.
- MS in Library/Information Science or equivalent combination of education and experience; subject background in the social sciences, business or economics.
- Knowledge of and experience with statistical software, specifically STATA, SAS, or SPSS. Experience with research datasets and data management preferred.
- Three to five years related work experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, as well as motor vehicle driving record and credit history depending on the specific requirements of the position.
- Commencement of review of applications extended to Dec. 1, 2015. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary in the upper 50’s to mid 60’s.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC