DescriptionThe Wichita State University Libraries is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and forward
thinking librarian to join the Libraries as an active participant in providing support to the
research and data management needs of our campus community. The Metadata and
Digital Initiatives Librarian will work in a dynamic and flexible environment, focusing on
creation and access management of digital collections, provision of metadata for
diverse materials including print and digital collections, and training and supervision as
assigned. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize and oversee multiple
projects and deadlines.
- ALA accredited master's degree in librarianship (or have degree by Dec.
- Experience in working independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of content description, cataloging and
- metadata schema and tools, metadata cross-walking, subject analysis, classification and authority control
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital repository systems
- Ability to articulate current issues and trends in metadata and digital library
- Aptitude for complex, analytical work with attention to detail, demonstrated problem solving skills and flexibility
- Ability to prioritize work to ensure that library and departmental goals are met
- Demonstrated commitment to user-centered library service in a changing library
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated potential for meeting the Libraries' tenure and promotion requirements including research leading to publication.
- Additional graduate degree in a subject discipline.
- Demonstrated expertise digital repository or digital collections projects
- Demonstrated experience in an academic library setting as metadata librarian, or
- Experience creating, reviewing, editing and bulk loading metadata or content for
- digital collections
- Experience in the development and application of metadata crosswalks and data
- conversion routines
- Experience training and supervising library staff
- Experience in leading or working in groups
How to apply
Published: Sunday, September 2, 2012 11:18 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC