Photo Library & Digital Asset Management Intern
Created: November 2, 2015
Turner Broadcasting System Atlanta0 other recent jobs
DescriptionDuties: The photo library and digital asset management intern will work alongside the staff responsible for the management and preservation of Turner's photography library supporting the programming, promotion, and corporate activities of Turner. The intern will gain insight into the photography workflow (from creation through distribution) that supports entertainment, news, sports and corporate divisions of Turner.
This position's responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Participation in the day-to-day operations of the photo library to ensure accessibility to the digital photo collection, including file management, organization, metadata and naming standards.
- Demonstrating proficiency in the multiple systems utilized by Turner Image to manage, organize and distribute assets.
- Participation in the ingest and cataloging of assets in the company's digital asset management system, adhering to Turner's metadata standards.
- Participation in projects related to metadata clean-up, photo research and the photo library physical archives.
- Candidate seeking a career in Library Science or Archival Studies preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and reliable
- Able to work independently and show initiative
- Knowledge of digital photography and Adobe Photoshop helpful
Please Note: Spring 2016 inTURNERship Program dates are January 25th - April 1st. Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is limited to college level rising juniors, seniors and graduate students who are currently enrolled in school. A strong academic record, 3.0 or higher, is preferred. Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program. Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis. Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC
How to apply
Published: Monday, November 2, 2015 19:24 UTC