DescriptionWanted: Drupal Module Developer
For Free/Open Source Citizen Archivist Drupal game module
## Description ##
In collaboration between the University of Edinburgh’s Library Labs and Tiltfactor at Dartmouth College, we are designing a Drupal module that allows users to play a tagging game on an institution’s website. The Metadata Games Module will select game images via the institution’s repository software API (DSpace/Fedora/LUNA software). Data submitted by players will be stored on the Institution website and later exported/downloaded in .csv or .json formats.
The open-source game is designed for altruism-motivated players whose game experience ranges between ‘zero experience’ and ‘some experience in the past, but no recent experience.’ Gameplay is short, ideal for casual gameplay during work/study breaks or something to past time. We are looking for potential developers and early adopters, if you are interested please let us know!
## Education and Experience ##
* expert with PHP
* extensive experience with Drupal module development
* have developed and released a Drupal module available via https://www.drupal.org
* experienced with handling JSON data; bonus for experience with JSON-LD
* experience with XML and XSLT
* bonus for experience with OAI-PMH
* bonus for experience with using Fedora, DSpace, or Luna APIs
* experience creating HTML5 applications, especially HTML5 games
* experienced with HTML5-based APIs, such as using web audio API
* experienced with responsive design
* well versed using CSS in responsive design; bonus for knowledge of Sass and LESS
* comfortable using git version control with a development team
* bonus for experience working on open source projects
Ideal candidate is a team-player --or a team-- who can work independently and flexibly. We want creative problem solvers who value nuances in programming. We are looking for a group who ideally loves working on cultural heritage projects and for the public good, and has a can-do attitude.
This is a project-based contract position. Remote work is acceptable, but candidate must have EDT day-time availability and quality portfolio/references.
To Apply: Send URLS, application letter, CV and 3 refs to email@example.com
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 603 646 1007
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC