Digital Initiatives Project Manager
Created: October 15, 2015
Northwestern University Evanston0 other recent jobs
DescriptionNorthwestern University Libraries seek energetic and collegial applicants for the position of Digital Initiatives Project Manager. The senior IT project manager position oversees high-priority projects, is a team leader and will manage work processes/practices related to repository software development and digital collections management of faculty and library projects. The Avalon Media System grant project will be the primary project focus through December 2016 and the project manager will serve as co-product owner with Indiana University.
· Collaborates with project leadership to define project tasks, milestones, and deliverables that meet stated project objectives and conform to initiative methodology standards.
· Analyzes short- and long-term resource needs and recommends and/or adjusts staffing and resources appropriately.
· Develops communication plan for key messages, project updates, and key decisions that will be used throughout the project.
· Communicates and promulgates software development tracking standards and project management procedures to project team members.
· Coaches and mentors staff.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies include:
· Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired
· 4 years managing Information Technology (IT), library digital projects and/or related virtual and physical infrastructure projects or other relevant experience.
· Experience leading functional teams and working directly with system users.
· Demonstrated knowledge or awareness of tools and technology standards typically used in digital library environments and/or in open source communities.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a complex, rapidly changing and professionally diverse environment.
For more information, interested applicants can view the full job description and apply via Northwestern University's eRecruit website.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC
How to apply
Published: Thursday, October 15, 2015 19:36 UTC